How is the fabric sold, is it sold in metric or imperial measurement?
Fabric is sold by the fat quarter. Fat Quarter Explained, with picture.Each unit measures a fat quarter which is 50cm x 55cm (20” x 22”). I have to admit that I still operate in the imperial system myself and so fat quarters are cut to 20” x 22”. If you order 2 fat quarters this will be cut as a half metre in one piece measuring 50cm x 112cm (20” x 44”). If you have a preference for the fabric to be cut a certain way, please include a note in the “Message for Merchant” box which will appear when you go to checkout after you have registered your details.
I can also cut fabric in a long quarter if this is preferred. A long quarter measures 25cm x 112cm (10” x 44”). Again, please include a note in the “Message for Merchant” box when you are checking out.
How do I pay for the fabric?
Payment can be made by one of a few methods:
1. Through PayPal when you go to checkout by using a debit or credit card. You do not need to have a PayPal account in order to make a payment. PayPal is a secure method of payment where your credit / debit card details are encrypted for travel over the internet making them unreadable by anyone else. We do not receive card details from customers as payment is made directly into a PayPal account thus providing a greater level of security and peace of mind for the customer. All you need to do is provide credit / debit card details on checkout and the money will transfer securely into Floppy Fabrics' PayPal account.
2. By Cheque - if you would like to pay by cheque you will be asked to include a cheque number in the details provided on checkout and then you need to forward on your payment to the address provided. All cheques should be made payable to "Floppy Fabrics". Once the cheque has been received and has cleared in the bank, then we will send on your goods. Please allow 3 to 5 extra working days where you are paying by cheque in order to allow time for the cheque to be lodged and cleared by the bank.
3. By Postal Order - if you would like to pay by postal order just tick the box at checkout and you will be given the address to send on the Postal Order. You can purchase a Postal Order at the local Post Office and then this is sent directly to me. I can cash the Postal Order immediately so there is less of a delay which you might have whilst waiting for a cheque to clear.
4. By Stripe Payment direct payment from your VISA / Debit card. This is a secure payment method for those who do not want to use PayPal. As with PayPal I do not have any credit card details and they are all dealt with securely by Stripe.
5. By Credit / Debit card over the phone. Just call Floppy Fabrics directly and I can take your payment over the phone.
When will my fabric arrive after I have ordered and paid for it?
We will endevour to post fabric orders within one working day of an order being placed. All orders will be sent by Standard Post with An Post. They aim to deliver to Ireland and Northern Ireland within 1 to 2 working days.
Is it possible to view the fabrics in person and buy direct?
The shop is selling online only so it is not open to the public and all orders must be placed through the website or over the phone.
If you are not happy to order online and would prefer to pay by cheque / postal order simply give me a call and send on a cheque / postal order and I will send on the goods when I have received payment. I can also take orders over the phone and you can pay by VISA / Debit Card.
Do you travel to meet groups with your shop?
I am happy to travel to group meetings with my shop if you are a group of quilters who would like to view the range. I can bring a full selection of the fat quarters and some of the bolts that might be if interest. Just give me a call to arrange for me to come to your meeting.
My question has not been covered in the information provided and in the above questions, what can I do?
If there is anything you are unsure of or would like me to clarify before you place an order, please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to speak to me directly you can call Joanna Campling at 086 235 7955.